It’s Saturday morning and everything is fairly quiet around the Elrod homestead (which is unusual). As I switched around a few television channels looking for news I stumbled onto a movie I dearly love…”Field Of Dreams“. It is such a metaphor for church planting….
- Seeing a vision that others can’t see.
- Watching “the light come on” in people when they finally get the vision.
- Being told you’re crazy because you are doing the unthinkable.
- Building something from nothing in an area it shouldn’t be.
- Watching people come out of nowhere to respond.
- Helping those that the world has forgotten or cast aside.
I love what I do. I love the calling that God has placed in my heart. I love that I have the privilege and honor of preaching God’s Word. I love that I get to serve Him in Lakeland, Florida. I love that I get up everyday and get to do something that…I love. “Field Of Dreams” reminds me of that…and I cry like a baby every time I watch it.