Every now and then I just like to randomly reflect on things that God is showing me or that I’m learning about leading a church. Today’s list is more random and practical…but stuff that is hitting me like a ton of bricks. For the most part..I’m learning that you have to give to get…to let go in order to gain…and that…you can’t have your cake and eat it to. Here’s what I mean…
- Leadership development doesn’t always mean they’re gonna lead in your church.
- You can’t please God…and your sheep.
- You can evangelize…you can disciple…but it’s almost impossible to do both at the same time.
- If you preach the Word of God without compromise…every Sunday part of your flock is getting jacked up…while another part is getting pissed off.
- Accessibility is a necessity…and a mirage.