While my prayer lists changes some from day to day, there are a few specific things I am praying for on a daily basis. Here they are:
- That my family, Compass Point and I are more desperate for God than for growth. That our desire to see Him is more powerful than our desire to see a full house each Sunday.
- I pray for Denise…my wife..by name every single day.
- That our folks will truly get into the Project 345 Bible reading plan on YouVersion and contribute their thoughts daily to the Compass Point group page. This is not hype or an event for Compass Point…this is a systematic studying of the Bible and the truths found there.
- I pray daily for the three people I listed on my Invest and Invite Card last week. I pray that God will speak to them and give me an opportunity to speak to them.
- I pray for the upcoming Sunday service. I always believe it will be best one in the history of Compass Point. I believe that God will move in a mighty way…that souls will come to know Him…that people will draw closer to His Word. I believe that can happen this Sunday if we will just pray without ceasing.
- I pray for all of our staff, pastors and team team leaders by name.
- I pray for several other churches in Lakeland each day that God will move mightily in their midst. When the Lord of the Harvest delivered in the New Testament other boats had to be called in to handle the fish. If God truly moves in the city of Lakeland many churches will need to be ready to help with the harvest.
- I pray that I will lead with integrity and with God’s Word as my authority in all areas. I pray that I will finish well and never do anything to embarrass or cause damage to the cause of Christ.
There are news things that constantly find their way on and off my daily prayer list…but the things above are constant. My hope is that you have a daily prayer list and spend time before the Father in prayer each day.