If you missed Compass Point yesterday then you missed one of the most special days in our history. I think most people walking into church thought it would just be another normal worship service…some singing…some praying…some preaching. After delivering a sermon on Matthew 7:15-20…and talking about the evidence should be undeniable that we are followers of Christ…we ended the service by giving everyone (kids included) a white envelope. Inside the envelope was a $20 bill and then I gave the congregation the following instructions:
- You must use the money to make a difference in someone’s life in Lakeland.
- You may not spend it on yourself.
- You may not put it back in the offering plate or financially invest it for the church.
- You could go in together with others to create a bigger financial blessing for someone.
- You have to come back next Sunday and share your stories about what you did with the money (we’ll be video taping those).
Most folks were speechless…many were brought to tears…many simply were surprised that we gave a entire Sunday’s offering back to the church body. The amazing part of the day for me was listening to people talk about how they were going to bless the people of Lakeland and then realizing the impact this could have on the Kingdom of God. Needless to say it was a very special…and emotional…day for me also.
If you missed the service you can watch it online by clicking here. For those that were there…go make an impact for Christ this week…then be ready to share what He did through your efforts.